Serve this hearty vegetarian soup with crusty whole wheat bread for a complete meal. I like the sharp and slightly salty addition of freshly-grated quality Parmesan cheese– omit if serving to vegans. Serve this dish with ShaSha Co. Spelt Lavash.
- 1 small lauki (Exotic Squash) or any other kind
- 1 small bunch greens of your choice (spinach, kale, chard etc.)
- 1/4 cup sprouted Bio-Bud™ Mung Beans
- 2 tsps frehs coriander
- 1/4 tsp minced fresh ginger root
- 1 tbsp ghee (clarified butter)
- Rock salt to taste
Peel lauki, cut into half lengthwise and scoop out and discard the seeds. Chop lauki into 1/4″ pieces. Wash greens and chop leaves into small bits.
Steam greens and lauki for 15-20 minutes. Wash and cook mung beans in water until soft. Drain. Heat ghee in a pot until clear.
Add the spice mixture and ginger and sauté briefly to release the aroma of the spices.
Add the dhal and vegetables and salt to taste. Mix well. Serve hot with a whole grain of your choice.