- 1/2 cup uncooked ShaSha Bio-Bud Lentils
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 green onion
- 1 cup spinach leaves, rinsed and dried
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh parsley
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 small yellow zucchini, grated
- 3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup ShaSha Spelt Breadcrumbs
- cheese slices, if desired
1. Add ShaSha Bio-Bud Lentils to boiling water. Boil for 5 minutes, remove from heat and drain.
2. Pulse garlic and scallions in a food processor until well-grated. Add lentils and all remaining ingredients, except the breadcrumbs, into the food processor. Combine well.
3. Mix your ShaSha Spelt Breadcrumbs into the mixture, then refrigerate for 30 minutes. (The mixture will appear a tad wet, but it will dry off in the fridge).
4. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium-low heat. Form patties with the lentil mixture and place in the hot oil for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Once flipped, feel free to add cheese to the top and then place patties on a paper towel-lined plate to remove excess oil.