Providing Goods and Services to People with Disabilities
Shasha Bread Company is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our facilities or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed only in reception and offices, in the other parts of our premises are not allowed animals, they are excluded by law: “Regulations under the Health Protection and Promotion Act the Food safety and Quality Act”.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, Shasha Bread Company will notify employees and customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed at Plastics #10, Plastics #20 and Retail Store.
Shasha Bread Company will provide training to employees who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
Individuals in the following positions will be trained:
Customer Service, Order Desk, Sales Representatives, Managers, Employees
This training will be provided to staff when he/she passes the probation period (after 3 months of hiring).
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard
- Shasha Bread Company’s plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person
- How to use the wheelchairs or any assistive device that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing Shasha Bread Company’s facilities
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to your accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way Shasha Bread Company provides goods and services to people with disabilities can send an email at [email protected].
All feedback, including complaints, will be direct to Quality Assurance Manager.
Customers can expect to hear back in 5 days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of Shasha Bread Company that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.