- 1 cup sweet potato, peeled and diced small (1 small potato)
- 1/3 cup ShaSha Bio-Bud brown rice
- 1/3 cup barley, rinsed
Combine ingredients in a pot with 3 cups of vegetable broth. bring to a boil and add 1/4 tsp salt. lower to a simmer, and cook uncovered for 30 minutes. take off heat, cover, and let steam 5-10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 2 cups cooked ShaSha mung beans (cook 1 cup dry in 1.25 c water)
- 2 Tbsp sake
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
Saute ginger in sesame oil on medium heat for 3 minutes (until fragrant). Add these to pan along with the rest of the ingredients and cook on medium high until liquid evaporates into beans.
- 3 green onions, chopped small
- 1 cup carrot, peeled and diced small (1 medium carrot)
Add these to cooked barley, rice, potato, and ginger seasoning. add more rice wine vinegar and salt to taste.