- 3 cups Unbleached Hard Bakers Bread Flour
- 1¾ tsp Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp active dry yeast (or 1 cup active natural leavening sourdough)
- 1½ + or – cups water (room temperature)
- In a big bowl mix flour, salt and yeast together. Pour water into the bowl and use a wooden spoon to mix it until it’s all incorporated (the dough should be on the wet side ). Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit on your counter for 12 to 18 hours.
- Preheat oven to 450 F degrees. Add your cast iron pot to the oven and heat it as well until it’s at 450 F degrees.
- Remove the pot from oven and remove the lid from it.
- Flour your work surface really well and make sure you flour your hands really well. With your floured hands gently remove the dough from the bowl and roughly shape it into a ball. Take the ball of dough and drop it into the pot . Cover the cast iron pot with the lid and place it back in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes with the lid on and then remove the lid and bake for another 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the rack enjoy.