The better the quality of olive oil you use with your Bio-Bud for this warm, Mediterranean-style salad, the better the flavour will be.
- 2 leeks (white and light green parts only), finely diced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 1 stalk celery, finely diced
- 1-1/3 cups (325 mL) sprouted Bio-Bud™ Lentils (soak in water for 30 min)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) minced fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tbsp (30 mL) drained caper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cans (6 oz/170 g) solid tuna, drained
In large pot of boiling water, cook leeks, carrots and celery until tender, about 1 minute. With slotted spoon, transfer to bowl.
Add the pre soaked (for 15 to 20 min) lentils to cooking liquid; cover, reduce heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 25 minutes. Drain and add to bowl.Add parsley, lemon juice, capers, oil, garlic, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
Break up tuna and add to salad, toss and serve.
Makes 4 servings.